Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Insomnia

So I can't sleep for the second night in a row.  I wish it was for something interesting or cool like an all night gaming session.  Instead I'm trying to figure out how to get to sleep.  It's a little late for taking anything to aid sleep and I've tried a warm bath & hot tea.  Both were failures.  My head is bothering me and I can't seem to relax enough to sleep.  I hate migraines.

Since the night seems to be a total loss for sleep, I've decided to take the time to write this post and watch True Detective for the first time.  I started it tonight and I'm only in about the third episode.  I like the characters and the way they tell the 2 stories from 17 years apart.  The story is so compelling and I feel myself being pulled into just one more episode.

I've been trying out several new comic titles lately.  I read Sex Criminals and was a little underwhelmed.  Based on the reviews, I was expecting something with more depth.  I did like the way they explained the main character's power and it's consequences.  I just felt like it has a lot of potential and hope to see a little more of the sex powered world in the next trade.  I also read Pretty Deadly which I enjoyed more.  The story there was very intricate.  The art seemed to help tell the story in a way only comics can really do.  I'm curious to see where the characters will go in the next trade.

Over the weekend I saw Xmen Days of Future Past.  Being a huge Xmen fan, I had really been looking forward to it and wasn't disappointed.  I loved the Quicksilver fight scene and found it's whimsy refreshing.  I thought the cast in general was great.  I was especially fond of the dichotomy between 70s and future Xavier and Magneto.  I can't wait to see it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment